Delivering Presentations

This free mini course teaches you how to deliver effective presentations, which you can then practice in VR.

Enroll for free

Practice delivering a presentation in realistic VR scenarios

Strong presentation skills are so important in the modern age. We live in a world of sales pitches, conference presentations, client meetings and project updates.

The ability to deliver a presentation in front of an audience will not only enhance your career, but also win you contracts and benefit your personal life.

With our unique combination of online classes and virtual reality, you’ll be able to practice delivering presentations in realistic virtual environments.

Learn with tutorial videos, practice in virtual reality, improve your skills

You’ll learn effective presentation techniques through online tutorials, case studies, quizzes and articles. You’ll then get the chance to practice these with our best-selling VR app.

Delivering a presentation is like any other skill, you need to practice to improve. VR provides this accessibility, where you are free to make mistakes and try different presentation delivery styles.

Online learning, done differently

We combine online classes with VR for a unique learning approach. At certain points throughout the course, you'll be prompted to practice what you've learnt in VR.

Woman training with VR in an office

Learn with tutorial classes

You’ll complete a series of videos, quizzes, slideshows and case studies through our online platform - available to access at any time.


VirtualSpeech app running on an Oculus Go

Practice in realistic VR

Practice what you learn with VR scenarios specific to this course. Delivering presentations is just like any other skill - you need to practice to improve.


VirtualSpeech's learn, practice, improve loop

Improve with VirtualSpeech's loop

Learn online and then practice in VR. This loop occurs multiple times throughout the course and helps you improve more effectively.

Why take a VirtualSpeech course?

Reduce nerves through practice

Practice as often as you need to in our VR meeting room, until you are confident delivering the presentation in real life.

Deliver engaging presentations

Practical tips for delivering a presentation, body language and using your voice will ensure you deliver an effective presentation.

Develop an essential life skill

Presentation skills are essential for a successful career - perfect your skills with our tips for planning and delivering a successful speech.

Learn through experience with VR

Skills improve the more you practice them. With VR, you can practice in a safe space at your own pace, as often as you need to.

Speak clearly with our voice analysis

Using the latest voice analysis technology, we can pick up hesitation words, pace of voice and more, to ensure you’re speaking clearly.

Build confidence with activities

Prepare for and then practice our role play scenario in VR. Build up experience and develop quick thinking by handling difficult situations under time pressure.


What do I get?

Enhance your presentation skills

Enroll for free

Featured in

Mini course curriculum


  • Overview of the VirtualSpeech VR app and course. We explain where to download the app and how VR can help you improve your presentation skills by letting you practice in a realistic environment.
  • Course guide and resources
  • Welcome
  • VR and the VirtualSpeech app
  • It’s vital that you understand your audience during a presentation. This section covers the different types of audience member, as well as body language and eye contact to connect with them.
  • Importance of eye contact
  • Body language, posture and presence
  • Example: Body language and eye contact
  • Maintain the attention of your audience
  • Speaking rate, pauses, volume and pitch are essential presentation skills. Learn how to use these during your delivery to emphasise key ideas, with example videos demonstrating these points.
  • Volume
  • Average speaking pace, with examples
  • Example: Speaking pace
  • Using your vocal toolbox
  • Example: Two different vocal ranges
  • From starting a presentation, to telling your audience stories, to managing anxiety, this section covers all topics required when delivering a presentation. At the end, you’ll practice what you’ve learnt in VR.
  • How to start a presentation
  • Example: Good and bad introductions
  • Telling a story
  • Managing anxiety
  • Role play: Context of your presentation
  • VR Training: Practice delivering your presentation

Your instructor

Dom course author

Dominic Barnard

Dom, Content Lead, is an entrepreneur, VR enthusiast and engineer with a passion for finding new ways to improve speaking skills using technology. Previously, Dom worked at Jaguar Land Rover before leaving to develop the VirtualSpeech app, and now speaks at events around the world.

VR Training: VR scenario for this course

Practice your presentation skills with the leading public speaking app, downloaded by over 200,000 users. At the end of the course, you'll be prompted to practice what you've learnt in our VR meeting room.

Practice presentation skills in a VR meeting room

Practice your presentation skills in our virtual meeting room. Deliver your presentation to 11 audience members. We’ve added these useful features into the VR room to help you:

  • Load in your own presentation slides
  • Record your presentation and listen back to it later to review
  • Analyse your speech for hesitation words, pace of voice, etc.
  • Eye contact rating, helping you understand if you were neglecting parts of the audience

Improve faster with our VR features

Our VR app is full of features to help you deliver effective presentations.

Presentation Slides icon

Presentation slides

Personalise your experience by adding your own slides into the virtual rooms.

Voice Analysis icon

Voice analysis

Receive instant feedback on your speech using the latest voice analysis technology.

Record your speech icon

Record presentations

Save your speech and listen to it later for analysis, better understand areas to work on.

Need a VR headset?

A headset is required to use the VR training - if you don't already have one, check out our recommended headsets and buy one from your local e-commerce store or shop.

Oculus Go VR headset

Frequently Asked Questions


When you enroll in this course, you’ll have access to all videos, articles, quizzes and VR scenarios for this course.

You'll need a headset to use the virtual reality part of this course. If you don't already have one, you can buy a VR headset from your local e-commerce store or shop, see our recommended headsets.

The fundamental topics in this course will be taught through tutorial classes. This is roughly 60% of the course content. You’ll then have a chance to practice these topics in realistic virtual reality scenarios. This VR practice makes up the remaining 40% of the course.

You can now access all our VR training with the Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Go and Daydream View headsets.

  • A computer with internet access to view the online training material
  • A smartphone to use the VR training (running either Android 4.4 or later, or iOS 8.0 or later)
  • A VR headset (which works with a smartphone)

Enhance your presentation skills

Enroll for free