For this exercise, first, you'll need to imagine you have just delivered a presentation on your job role. Then you'll practice answering questions on the presentation from the audience.
You'll use this 4 step process to manage the questions:
- Acknowledge the question and the person asking it by name
- Create relevance for everybody
- Use a story as an example and connect the answer to the experience
- Close, thank, and check-in
You will be asked four different questions in a row. Your responses will be recorded so you can listen back to them afterward for self-evaluation.
This exercise has 50+ questions to practice with. Here are some examples:
- Describe a time when you worked in an effective team.
- Describe an occasion when you had difficulties working with a team.
- How do you keep up with advances in your field?
- What experience have you had speaking formally in front of others?
- Tell me about a time when you have chosen not to disclose information to others.
- How would other people describe your communication skills?
The table topics exercise can be accessed from your web browser, no installation or download is required.
PC / Laptop
Unlock this practice exercise and more with the All Access program.
Essential Public Speaking
The easiest way to improve your public speaking. Practice and get feedback on your performance.