Body Language

Learn how to read and use body language to build rapport and improve your professional relationships.


18 online lessons

Real-life examples

CPD Accredited

Digital certificate

1.5 hours of learning

Course Outcomes

  • Understand how body language aids communication
  • Become aware of what message your body is sending to others
  • Effectively read and understand facial expressions, eye contact, hand gestures, and other body language cues
  • Improve the way you communicate and connect with deliberate body language
  • Move, gesture, and stand with poise and confidence
  • Use your body language to convey calm and authority in difficult situations
  • Learn key body language techniques for successful networking, business meetings, and presentations

Experts agree that only 7% of our communication is verbal, and the remaining 93% is made up of non-verbal communication: our tone and body language.

We all use non-verbal communication every day and barely pay attention to what our bodies are saying about us or if our tone and body language match the message we are speaking.

Oftentimes, body language is subconscious. At its most instinctive level, it is the ability humans have to sum up a situation (or person) quickly.

Your posture, hand gestures, the tone of voice you use, inflections you give to words, pauses in presentations, your eye movements, and even what you wear, can all convey meaning. They can work together to help you make a powerful first impression, build authentic relationships, and influence and persuade people.

In the new course, you'll learn everything you need to know about body language, from casual conversations to presentations to stakeholders. By the end of this course, you'll be able to deliberately use positive body language to help you become a more effective communicator.

Course Content

1. Introduction
An overview of the course and learning objectives. Learn how to communicate better with your body language and why it's important.
2. Interpreting body language
Learn how to read the body language of others, including example videos to highlight specific techniques and the importance of active listening.
3. Purposeful nonverbal communication
Understand how to use different nonverbal communication techniques, from handshaking to body posture to mirroring. This section covers the key techniques you should be using.

Practice exercises

Practice your body language in a range of practice exercises in virtual reality. Learn how to use body language in a range of settings, and get feedback on your performance.

Frequently Asked Questions

1How do I access the online classes and practice exercises?

You can access the classes through the VirtualSpeech website, on any standard web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

The practice exercises can be completed online or in virtual reality (if you have a VR headset).

2When do I get access to the training?

When you enroll in the course, you'll get 24/7 access to the course (including tutorial videos, case studies, practice exercises, VR, and more) through the VirtualSpeech website and in VR.

3What equipment do I need for the practice exercises?

Both the online classes and exercises run in your browser, no additional software or download is required.

If you have a VR headset, you can also access the practice exercises in VR. Here's a list of our recommended VR headsets.

The online exercises have been tested across multiple browsers and run smoothly on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Edge.

4How can I pay?

We accept payment via Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal directly through the VirtualSpeech site. If you'd like to pay with an Invoice or using another payment method, please contact us.

5Can I buy this course for multiple people / my team?

Yes you can. After pressing the 'Buy Now' button on this page, select the number of users (maximum is 25).

After the payment, you'll be made course admin and can add users to the course from the admin dashboard.

6Can I get a certificate when I complete this course?

Yes, when you've completed this course, we'll send you a Certificate of Achievement, which you can share in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.

7What is the refund policy?

If the course does not meet your expectations, you can get a full refund within 7 days of purchasing the course.